Coming Soon from the Education Committee
Your Education Committee is working hard to identify educational opportunities and knowledge libraries to pursue. Below you'll find the result of committee brainstorming. The Committee has identified priorities and is working to release their first project soon regarding practice preparation for ICD-10! Watch this page, the newsletter, and the forums for announcements about the release of these projects.
Members, click the button below to access Members Only resources.
Interested in volunteering on the Education Committee? Send Chair Nancy Young an email!
Integrated in the current JAWS calendar, annual tasks
- Annual training reminders
- Medicare Opt-Out (every 2 years)
- Fire Marshall check
- Policy manual review
- Performance reviews
- Risk Management issues
- Bloodborne Pathogens/Biohazardous Waste (as part of annual OSHA training)
- Workplace Violence (not required by OSHA, but recommended)
- Topic areas/delivery methods
- Team building
- Rules and Regulations
- Recording speakers (as allowed at annual conference) – can be used in video library.
- Webinars (administrators and staff)
- Procedure manuals
- New employee forms
- Performance review forms
- Fee sheets
- Coding forms
- How to...
- Now I’m in charge... What do I do? (A-Z guide)
- Train new employees
- Webinar – New employee basic training (HIPAA/OSHA)
Free, low cost, JAWS discount
- HB300 (Texas/California)
- Possibly in the future JAWS Certification as OMS Administrator
- Office Supplies
- Surgical supplies
- Phone support
- Email encryption
Utilize as area to link educational information for members
- Guide for current Forum (possibly sorted by topic/date)
- Social Media (what to use, what not to use and how)
- Meetings: Suggested meetings to attend (AAOMS, ADA, CDA, etc.)
- Mentoring Program
- Area members that are willing to mentor (it would be good to try and match people up at annual conference)
- How to reach out to new members – building JAWS Society in each of our areas